Rachit Designs offers a full suite of custom interior design services, from concept through completion, that you can tailor to the specific needs of your unique project. A Turnkey Interior Contracting vertical is a business arrangement where the project Management is undertaken from the nascent stage and delivered upon completion. However, there are points that need to be kept in mind before entering the contract for the project from the technical, legal and other aspects. We at RACHIT DESIGNS are one of the leading Turnkey projects contractors in Mumbai that deal in Interior Design and Build Services and also Office design and build. Here we have some tips that might help you!
We at Rachit Design, can provide you the Turnkey Interior solutions, As per the clients requirement & by our professional inputs there by evolving a complete makeover of the project in totality entrusted upon us. Our scope of work involves complete Interior Design Services i.e. Furniture layout plan, preparation of conceptual with 3D presentation & working drawings, BOQ & general specifications, monitoring of site progress, coordination of all activities and day to day supervision.
Rachit Design continues to attract the aspirants looking for “To plan” their places- both ‘Living’ &’ commercial’ and to adorn/ renovate them. We have a dedicated Team of Artists & designers to take care of your need. Wall painting, Murals, Sculptures, Canvas-painting, Handi-craft…… you name it and we are here to help you have it exclusively “Made for you”………!
DEFINE NEEDS AND BUDGETS:
Experience shows that turnkey Interior contracting projects are more successful when the client is able to accurately specify his needs and the financial funds available to him to work on the project. Where the client’s expectations are unclear, dissatisfaction becomes a certainty for all participants.
The agreement should have a reasonable time frame; this is inclusive of technical delays that may happen while working on the project.
The agreement should clearly state all the price points. Please also be wary of additional charges that may have not been discussed with the other party and keep margins for them as well.
Successful projects require the turnkey solution provider to have the necessary cash flow to meet the construction costs. A good way to tackle such a problem is to mutually agree on project milestones and decide on part payments based on the milestones achieved.
LATE EXECUTION PENALTIES:
Determine whether there would be the clause of late execution penalties in the agreement and if they are reasonable. It should also be stated that any design changes that may have occurred once the project has been started should not be considered as a part of the same.
Do conduct a thorough site inspection before finalizing on a project; this is to ensure that you are in agreement as far as all the technical details are concerned. Also it will allow you to specifically calculate the capital investment required.
Make sure all the material used for the project is clearly the contractor’s liability and ensure that transport of all materials is included in the prices agreed upon as well. It is very common that contractors bill extra at the end of the project for transportation charges.
Particular industries have rules by which transactions are governed. If you see something in a contract that makes an assumption of following a particular industry procedure, but doesn’t set out the procedure in the contract, make sure you know what the industry procedure is before you sign the contract.
If you need to have work started immediately, but cannot come to an agreement on the final terms of an agreement, you need to make sure that you are signing a contract that is not going to be taken as a permanent agreement. You can accomplish this by adding language like, “This interim agreement is in effect only until a more permanent agreement can be negotiated by both parties.”
One must also make sure that the contractor will remain personally liable for the obligations of the project in their entirety. One must also make sure that the client can independently seek enforcement of the warranties given by the contractor and suppliers, at the same time ensuring the fact that he does not have a contact directly with them.
Although a turnkey project may allow the client to take a back seat with most of the issues, it is important that the client retains a certain measure of control. For example at different stages of completion the client should inspect the project conditions before allowing the contractor to proceed ahead. This may increase the project timespan by a little bit but would help keep the contractor in check and prevent any shortcuts.
- Interior design & decoration
- Interior space planning & furniture layouts
- Furniture design & selection
- Custom window treatment, bedding & upholstery
- Custom furniture design & production
- New construction & remodel: Interior finish, fixture & material selections and specifications
- Lighting plans & interior elevation drawings
- Fine art curating & accessories selection and styling
Typical stages of a design and build turnkey project would be:
- Project Brief: The client will provide a brief of the project, their wishes and aspirations.
- Site Visit: Usually the company contracted for the project will visit the site to understand it, run through it with the client and understand the limitation and opportunities of the site.
- Concept Creation: The design team will create a concept for you. If it is a commercial project they will define a brand and style for the outlet.
- Design Details: Floor Layouts, Ceiling Layouts, Elevations are all created so that the space is truly understood. The client will be presented with these design details for sign off prior to any manufacture or purchasing.
- Finishes and Furnishings: Sample boards and mood boards are developed so the client can visualise the space and approve the finishes and furnishings are to their taste.
- First Fix Work: All first fix work is carried out ensuring all building regulations are met.
- Manufacture and Supply of interior elements: flooring, joinery, furniture, glasswork, metalwork etc in the case of a food and beverage outlet are all manufactured and purchased.
- Fit Out and Installation on site: All elements are installed on site.
- Snagging: Any snagging is carried out and repaired.
- Handover to Client: The client is handed the keys to their new outlet, fully design and installed.